Monday, February 4, 2008

I've GOT to tell you...

After weeks of curing, I finally was able to use my first ever batch of cold process soap yesterday. I have to tell you, it is amazing! Best soap I've ever used! I'm so pleased with it. The bars are super hard, and SUPER lathery! I mean, like, bubbles EVERYWHERE. And it's just so smooth and so nice...



Criticisms? It was only a one pound batch, first of all, and seeing as I haven't gotten any decent soap molds, yet, the bars came out rather small (only 2 oz). Also, it definitely needs more fragrance. I, personally, like things smelling very strong and fragrant! This has a very light coffee/chocolate smell. It's good, but I think it could use more!
Now...if only my shipment of lye would come in....

14 comments:

KieutiePie said...

Oooh that sounds fantastic! I like strong smells too. I have a weak sense of smell, so those weak scents are pretty much non existant to me!

Unknown said...

Mmm.... that looks like a latte!!

PAC said...

yumm! looks amazing!

Unknown said...

looks delicious!

bijouxboutique said...

They look delicious! and remember, not everyone likes a strong smelling soap, a delicate hint of scent is also really nice, they do look really scrummy!

Candace said...

I bet that smells so yummy! I like the look of it..very organic.

Amber Rose said...

Thanks for the comments everyone! :)

Lost in the Forest said...

They sound fabulous and look good enough to eat :)

lostintheforest said...

They look great!

Alorinna said...

It looks yummy :)

SEWphisticate said...

my son thinks it looks like fudge! i love good soap. i've tried making it a couple of times...hats off to you!

Candice said...

Looks great, I bet it smells awesome!

Joanna Schmidt said...

It looks just like fudge - butterscotch and caramel. Yum!!

DAG said...

I'm totally confused. You BEGAN making cold process soap in Jan. 2008 and then put it up for sale on Etsy?

You are NOT experienced enough nor have enough knowledge making cold or hot process soap to be selling.

I don't know about your other products, but a newbie selling CP soap [and who knows what % lye solution/water discount you used] is unethical.

Please remove your soap products from any place you have them for sale, and join some serious soap-making fora.