Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A la Carte



I was out yesterday with my puppy, Grendel, when I got this great idea for my shop.
I call it "A La Carte Body Butter". It's a customized 8 oz. tub of lotion. In the description, the buyer chooses 3 out of 5 carrier, or base, oils, 2 out of 4 add-ons, and whatever fragrance they want. Here is part of the write up:

♥♥♥THE BASE: PICK 3♥♥♥

Coconut Oil- An amazing oil for dry skin and sensitive skin. Extremely emollient, and does not clog pores.

Cocoa Butter- A very rich and emollient butter with natural antioxidants. Good use when intense moisturizing is needed.

Grapeseed Oil- Rich in vitamins and great for damaged, dry or aging skin

Sweet Almond Oil- A luscious oil for dry skin. High in essential fatty acids and vitamins A, B and E.

Olive Oil- Also great use in skin care. Very rich in vitamins and essential fatty acids. Beneficial for all skin types.

♥♥♥ADD ONS: Pick 2♥♥♥

Vegetable Glycerin- As a humectant, drawing moisture into itself, this ingredient is great for dry skin.

Vitamin E. Oil- A great natural antioxidant. Provides extra moisture and protection from UV rays,

Aloe Vera Juice- Heals and moisturizes. Excellent for sensitive skin.

Whole Milk Powder- Adds a creamy texture and leaves your skin feeling extra soft.

Then it goes on to list all the fragrance options. I feel like it's a good idea, as I know how people loved customizing items. I don't know how it will sell, though. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. It also gave me the idea to do offer similar customization; scrubs, balms, etc. But I think I'll just stick with the body butter for now, and see how it works out. Hopefully it works out good! :)
I'm off to work for the day but I'll most likely be updating later tonight! xx.

5 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

great idea!

Dharma Designs said...

How lovely!

Tizzalicious said...

Fantastic idea!

Keys and Memories said...

I loved reading your blog :)

Esma said...

Sounds like a great idea... I'm sure it will be a hit!