Sunday, January 27, 2008

Bleh

One of those days. I made more bath bombs today than I know what to do with. My original plan was to make a chocolate, vanilla, strawberry trio, but...alas! I come to find I am all out of strawberry FO until next week. Tragic. I improvised, as perfectionists often do, and opted with a mix of vanilla buttercream and sweet orange essential oil, making it a delicious orange sherbert fragrance. The shapes are all made with an ice cream scoop, hence the ice cream oriented fragrances. Actually I know exactly what I'm going to do with them! I'm going to list them on my etsy shop. I haven't been updating my shop too much, lately, I've been waiting on my new labels to be fully ready, which is going to be very, very soon. A couple are already done. I hate waiting, but it gives me a little more time for fun experiments! Today I was able to make this new mix of "stuff", it's quite similar to my body whips, only it is going to be a shower scrub. It's very thick, but it's whipped, so it's also light, if that makes any sense. I'll have to post pictures at some point. I used a mixture of coconut oil and coffee bean butter:

I got this butter from From Nature With Love and it's amazing. Made from coffee beans, it's got to be one of my new favourite ingredients, despite it's PPO. I think it's the fact that it has caffeine? Or the that it moisturizes like crazy. Or that it's also a decent antioxidant. Oh, and did I even mention the smell? Undoubtedly, a rich aroma of coffee. It's truly amazing stuff. In fact, I used this ingredient in my first batch of cold process soaps. The mocha cream ones, that I am STILL waiting on to fully cure.
I think that I'm going to make the scrubs all coffee oriented scents? Vanilla Frappuccino, Chai Latte, and Mint Mocha, seeing as they will all be made with coffee butter.

I also am in the midst of making this new creamy body wash. I have to admit, I'm a bit disappointed at the outcome of this experiment. It's a great recipe: moisturizing and cleansing at the same time. But it just doesn't lather! Personally, I like my washes lathery but, I guess, some people don't, and some people don't care either way. This body wash is much more creamy than lathery. Then I have to decide on fragrances, which I know is going to drive mental. As much as I am in love with scents, having to be limited to choosing only four or five is next to impossible. It's like choosing which of your kids you love more! The one I chose just to keep around the house is almond scented.
Also, pictures of my new snoggables are here:





I'm really excited about these! They'll be up on my shop starting tomorrow or the day after.
Aside from that, it was a fairly boring day.

Oh, and by the way-this is very random but I promised myself that I would mention it on my blog at some point. I watched the film Premonition recently. With Sandra Bullock? Horrible , HORRIBLE film. The ending was so bad. I was so disgustingly disappointed with it. It was so good and interesting at first, too. It had potential and then it just...ended! And at the end I think I even said out loud, "This better not be the end. They better not start rolling the credits." And then the credits came. Please, if anyone watched this movie and actually liked it, write in the comments section and tell me why. I'm honestly baffled at the idea that anyone could actually like this film. Sorry for the rant! :p I'll be updating more frequently this week. Until then,
xx.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

ahh!! i wanna eat all the lip balms.. i cant pick just 1..i want them all..muahaha!! Nice blog!

idyll hands said...

Boring day? :) Sounds quite busy, if you ask me.

Joanna Schmidt said...

Too many bath bomb ice creams? Not so! You can always send me a box!!
;)